About

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

There's always a first...

for everything and today, my first was FISH!


I don't like fish.  Unless it's fried in a thick (and I mean thick!) layer of batter and can be smothered in tartar sauce, I won't eat it.


As much as my parents told me fish was brain food, I never liked it, brain benefits and all.  I don't like the fishy taste - it's like biting into a hunk of sea water, but because the hubby enjoys it, I put aside my protest sign and attempted my first baked trout.  


I didn't know if the fish already came cleaned and washed, so that's the first thing I did. I washed it and it was... slimy.  Ick.  After quickly washing it, I cut up my limes and was thankful for the clean-like smell!


On the whole, the trout was (and I am surprised I'm saying this) good.  It didn't have a fishy taste to it and I loved the lime!  Maybe I put a little bit too much but thankfully, the hubby liked it! I think I might even give fish another chance... or not.

Baked Lime & Garlic Trout


Ingredients
1 lb Trout
1 clove Garlic
1 Lime (juice & zest)
Butter
Salt and Pepper
1 can Corn
Asparagus

Directions
Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.

Mince one clove of garlic and mix it together in a small bowl with a little bit of melted butter (depends on how much you like butter!).  Add the zest and juice of 1/4 a lime.  Season the trout with salt and pepper, on both sides, and place on top of a piece of foil.  Cut a couple of slits on the top of the trout and rub the garlic & butter mixture all over.  Place some lime slices on top of the trout, squeeze more lime juice in and using the foil, package the trout well so that no juices leak out.

Bake the trout for 15-20 minutes.  While the trout is baking, open a can of kernel corn and fry in a pan with a little bit of butter until brown.  Season a few sprigs of asparagus with a little oil and salt and fry in a pan for about 5 minutes until brown.

Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that looks like an awesome recipe! I actually really like fish so I definately feel like trying this out sometime.

    ReplyDelete