About

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Better Together...


When my husband and I first met as teenagers, little did I know we'd become the best of friends. Being 3 years apart in age (which is a huge difference when you're in high school) I didn't think our friendship stood a chance.  But it did.


We did everything together.  Talked on the phone for hours, helped one another with homework, learned how to drive stick together... and the list continues.  As I entered into university, however, I realized that we had both changed; matured.  We didn't spend as much time together, and even had our moments of "I totally don't understand why you are the way you are" but still, we always knew we could count on one another despite the circumstance.  


We had been through life's ups and downs together, spent years apart with different groups of friends, yet we managed to keep our friendship intact, even though we no longer talked. Years later, when we started talking again, it felt like we had never stopped being best friends and I couldn't help but think that we were two people who were simply, better together.


With that said, might I introduce you to two foods I believe are better together: Peanut Butter + Nutella.  I love love love this combination, and your taste buds will too!  Just be careful not to overbake the cookies or they will be extra crunchy by the next day. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter & Nutella Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 3/4 Cups Flour

3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Nutella



Directions
Combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Mix together.  Add flour, baking soda and salt.  Mix together.   Swirl in Nutella (as much or as little as you desire). Chill dough 10 minutes. Roll into balls by hand.  Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated  oven 350F degrees for 8-10 minutes until edges are light brown. Be careful not to overbake the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment