About

Friday, April 2, 2010

Red Velvet & Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cake

Delicious.
Lovely.
Red!


The last time I attempted to make Red Velvet cupcakes, they turned out PINK - not that it was much of an issue considering pink is my favourite colour.  This time, however, I made sure to double the amount of food colouring and thankfully, it turned out a nice deep shade of red.





And the cinnamon cream cheese.  Oh boy, it turn out delightful!  I didn't think 1 tsp of cinnamon would make much of a difference but it did.  You could taste a hint of cinnamon with the cream cheese and the little speckles throughout the frosting certainly looked pleasing.


Sadly, you can't see the frosting in the middle of the layers because of the red cake bits.  Next, I'm going to attempt working with an ingredient I've never used before.  We'll see how that turns out!


Happy Birthday Jared!


The recipes can both be found here: Red Velvet Cake & Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

1 comment:

  1. wow!! looks super yummy.. The cinnamon cream cheese frosting sounds like a great idea- I'd love to try that myself sometime!!

    ReplyDelete