About

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chocolate Banana Cake!

A friend of mine, whose birthday was last week, loves the banana and chocolate combo, so I immediately knew what type of cake I wanted to make him for his birthday.  


There were many recipes claiming to be 'the best' but I chose this one because it looked... pretty.  (Yes, I am a sucker for pretty things!)  I especially liked the inside of the cake with all the many banana and chocolate layers!



The only thing I didn't really like was the banana chocolate cake layers.  When we ate the cake, I found the cakey part to be dense (which banana bread is supposed to be like) but as a cake, it didn't really hit the spot for me.  


If ever I attempt the recipe again, which I most probably will, I'll make it with a vanilla chocolate chip recipe instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment